AERIA (International Airport of Abidjan) is an Ivoirian public limited company, its capital runs to 1 418 040 000 CFA.
AERIA is the concessionary of Felix Houphouet Boigny Airport since 1996.
After the first 15-year concession (from 1996 to 2010) which allowed the transformation of the platform of Abidjan with an initial capacity of 600,000 passengers in a regional hub with a capacity of 2 million passengers, the Ivorian government renewed AERIA’s concession for a period of 20 years.
Together with its leading technical partner, EGIS group, one of the world leaders in engineering and in transport infrastructure concessions, AERIA leverages on the strength and the expertise of EGIS group to support its development.
• Upgraded the runway to standards to accommodate the A380
• Comprehensive redevelopment of the departure area including a high-end business lounge and a restaurant Air Lounge Café offering comfort, quietness and special welcome to passengers.
As a result, new airlines serve the airport and the traffic is growing fast:
– 1 300 000 passengers in 2014
– 1572 000 passengers in 2015
– 1829 000 passengers in 2016
Aeria is planning to invest 40 billion CFA in the next four years:
• Development of an aircraft parking stand near the south terminal
• Development of a parallel taxiway
• Development of a business aviation center
• Expansion of the car park
• Expansion of the public hall and the international terminal
AERIA wishes to anticipate future needs and developments of the Félix Houphouët-Boigny international airport with the most innovative technologies.